|The huge City Palace, towering over the Pichola Lake, is the largest palace complex in Rajasthan. Construction of this palace was started by Maharana Udai Singh, the founder of city. The
main part of the palace is now preserved as a museum with a large and varied collection. It was established in 1890 and is one of the earliest museums of the state. The museum includes the Mor Chowk with
its beautiful peacocks in mosaics. The Manak (Ruby) Mahal has glass and porcelain figures while Krishna Vilas has a remarkable collection of miniatures. Bhim Vilas has a boldly striped floor and scenes from
the Radha-Krishna stories are painted on the walls. In the Bari Mahal, there is fine central garden. More paintings can be seen in the Zenana Mahal. The Moti Mahal has beautiful mirror work and the Chini
Mahal is covered in ornamental tiles. The museum has the armour of Maharana Pratap and the drums and bugles of the ruler of Mewar, Rana Sanga.